Shelly beach - A very pretty beach and a favorite with artists. Protected and great for children (1 km from house)
Walking track to river entrance
Main beach - Patrolled summer holidays and week-ends Windsurfing and board riding lessons available
Beilby beach - Beach fishing and walking Keep an eye out for dolphins and whales as they sometimes swim close to the shore. Spring is the best time for humpbacks
Bellwood Park - Swimming off the pontoon, fishing and walking and a playground with exercise equipment.
River cruises Every Wednesday morning 9.30 to 11.30
Valley of the mist - Bush tucker and wetland canoe tour
Explore nearby National Parks- Join a walking group
Water ski on the river
Motor boat, kayak, paddle board hire at the Boat-shed cafe
Explore the old wares shops at nearby Macksville
Visit the museum at Bowraville and take in a movie at the old theatre
Take a drive to Eungai to the buffalo farm and cafe and sample the delicious cheese, gelato and other products.
Sample the local products such as macadamia, fresh fruits and vegetables at the local markets
For more information contact
Nambucca Tourist centre
Here is a sample of what you will find within 500 metres of Nambucca Beach House.
- Inner Harbor - swimming, canoeing, boating
- Cafe's - Wharf Street & The Boat Shed- both on the river - Bookshop Cafe & Traditionally Grounded are in the village nearby
- Restaurants Matildas fresh seafood - Lom Talay Thai- New River Edge Indian- V Wall Tavern ( with ocean views)
- V Wall - Walk along the river to the sea and see the artwork on the large boulders by previous visitors to Nambucca.
- Main village shops
- Tennis Courts & children's playground
- Stringer Art Gallery with local art work for sale
- Mosaic sculpture "River meets the sea"
- Woolworths supermarket