Nambucca village has a lot to boast about gaining popularity because of its friendly and relaxed atmosphere. The village has everything you could want for in a holiday destination: great restaurants and cafes, boutique shops, a famous golf course surrounded by water; three clubs including Golf, RSL and Bowling clubs. All this in close proximity to Nambucca Beach House.
Our guests love to explore the beautiful headlands and beaches which provide a great place for spotting the majestic humpback whales. The beaches are clean and provide great fishing spots as well as by the river and rock fishing along the boardwalk. The inner harbor of the river is a popular sheltered spot for swimming paddle boarding kayaking or just lazing around.
Within 500 metres of Nambucca Beach House
- Inner Harbor — swimming, canoeing, boating
- V Wall — Walk along the river to the sea and see the artwork, by previous visitors to Nambucca, on the large boulders
- Main village shopping centre — boutique clothing shops
- Tennis Courts and children’s playground
- Library and post office
- Stringer Art Gallery — with local art work for sale
- Mosaic sculpture — “River meets the sea”
- Woolworth’s supermarket
- Wharf Street — on the river
- The Boat Shed — on the river
- Bookshop Cafe — nearby in the village
- Traditionally Grounded — nearby in the village
- Matildas Fresh Seafood
- Lom Talay Thai
- New River Edge Indian
- V Wall Tavern — with ocean views
Explore the area
Shelly Beach — A very pretty beach and a favorite with artists. Protected and great for children (1 km from Nambucca Beach House)
Walking track to river entrance
Main Beach — Patrolled summer holidays and week-ends Windsurfing and board riding lessons available
Beilby Beach — Beach fishing and walking Keep an eye out for dolphins and whales as they sometimes swim close to the shore. Spring is the best time for humpbacks
Bellwood Park — Swimming off the pontoon, fishing and walking and a playground with exercise equipment.
River cruises — every Wednesday morning 9.30 to 11.30
Valley of the Mist — bush tucker and wetland canoe tour
Explore nearby National Parks — join a walking group
Water ski on the river
Motor boat, kayak, paddle board — hire at the Boat-shed Cafe
Explore old wares shops at nearby Macksville
Visit the museum at Bowraville and take in a movie at the old theatre
Take a drive to Eungai to the buffalo farm and cafe — sample the delicious cheese, gelato and other products.
Sample the local products: macadamia nuts, fresh fruits and vegetables
For more information contact Nambucca Tourism.